Motor Light Vehicle Body Repair (Level 2 Apprenticeships NI)
Apprenticeships & Traineeships
Start Date31 Aug 2021
Applications/Enrolment now Closed for this year
Course: Apprenticeship NI Level 2 Motor Light Vehicle Body RepairCampus: SpringtownType: Full TimeStart Date: 31/08/2021Fees:
- Site location Springtown
- Level 2 diploma in vehicle accident repair VCQ/VRQ
- Health and Safety
- Fabrication tools and measuring devices
- Removing and fitting non permanently fixed motor vehicle body panels
- Removing and replacing exterior motor vehicle body panels including permanently fixed components
- Minor motor vehicle exterior body panel repairs
- Motor Vehicle body (MAG) welding
- Motor vehicle body resistant spot welding operations
- Removing and fitting motor mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) components to vehicle
UK RequirementsGCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above. You must also have employment with a N.Ireland registered company confirmed.
ROI RequirementsLeaving Certificate English and Maths at Grade 05 or above. You must also have employment with a N.Ireland registered company confirmed
You are employed so you attend NWRC 1 day per week to complete the Level 2 qualification and you will also be assessed in workplace by NWRC Assessor.
Further StudyOn successful completion of level 2 qualification it is possible to progress and undertake a level 3 through Apprenticeship NI.
Career ProspectsSalary GuideStarter: £15,000 to £18,000Experienced: £20,000 to £25,000Highly Experienced: Up to £30,000With experience, you could become a lead fitter or technician, or move into supervisory and body-shop management positions in larger firms.You could also set up your own business and move into mobile repair.Your lecturers have all been Apprentices and worked their way from Industry to Education.
There’s such a friendly and social atmosphere at the college. My lecturers were extremely supportive and the facilities are first class.Leroy Grant (Barbering)
I applied for a Higher Level Apprenticeship as it was a great opportunity to gain work experience and get paid while studying towards a professional qualification.Rebekah Glen