Start Date6 Sep 2021
Course: Pearson BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Uniformed Public ServicesCampus: LimavadyType: Full TimeStart Date: 06/09/2021Fees:
- Site location Limavady Main St
- Citizenship and Diversity
- Behaviour and Discipline in the Uniformed
- Global Affairs, the Media and the Uniformed
- Physical Preparation, Health and Wellbeing
- Government and the Protective Services
- Planning for and Responding to Emergency Incidents
- Teamwork, Leadership and Communication in the Uniformed Protective Services
- Skills for Outdoor Activities and the Uniformed
- Expedition Skills
- Developing Personal Fitness Programmes
- Principles of Managing Security Threats
- Introduction to Criminology
UK Requirements4 GCSE’s (grade C or above) to include English or Maths; OR Level 2 Diploma plus GCSE/Essential Skills English or Maths
ROI Requirements4 OLC (Grade 05 or above) to include English or maths OR Leaving Certificate applied – Merit
In year 2 of the course we offer the opportunity to complete an Erasmus project to a European country. In 2019 students travelled to Malta for two-week work placements. On this course you will also get the opportunity to complete your Emergency First Aid qualification, and engage in Outdoor Adventure expeditions, day trips, and a residential. Work placement will form part of this programme of study.
Further StudyThe course provides a well-established route into a variety of specialist Higher Education (HE) courses in this sector and beyond, fully meeting entry requirements for most courses.
Career ProspectsPotential careers include work in the public services, for example the police, coast guard, fire service, and armed forces.
My time at NWRC gave me the confidence to open my own Beauty Salon. Now I'm a part-time lecturer for the College.Vanessa Canning
I applied for a Higher Level Apprenticeship as it was a great opportunity to gain work experience and get paid while studying towards a professional qualification.Rebekah Glen