Start Date6 Sep 2021
Course: Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma/Extended Diploma in Health and Social CareCampus: Strand RoadType: Full TimeStart Date: 06/09/2021Fees:
- Site location Strand Road
- Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care
- Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
- Work Experience in Health and Social Care
- Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care
- Promoting Public Health
- Physiological Disorders and their Care
- Policy in Health and Social Care
- Caring for Individuals with Dementia
- Understanding Mental Wellbeing
- Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs
- Human Lifespan Development
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care
UK Requirements4 GCSEs (Grade C or above) to include English; or Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care, Merit or above + GCSE English (Grade C or above), or Equivalent.
ROI Requirements4 OLCs (Grade 05 or above) to include English; or Leaving Cert Applied, Merit or above, +Must have an English qualification (OLC Grade 05 or above).
Learners will undertake 100 hours of work experience and will be able to observe the roles of health and social care workers in practice; and use their experience to link theory into practice. Previous students have gained work experience in day centres, care homes, residential care homes, special needs schools, mental health, and learning disability facilities.
Further StudyProgression to the Foundation Degree Science in Health and Social Care (validated by Ulster University); and/or University degrees in Nursing, Social Work, Teaching, Psychology, Criminology, or Youth and Community work, Housing etc.
Career ProspectsPast students who have not continued their studies at higher education, have gained employment in the health and social care sector, working as care assistants, domiciliary carers, or support work.
This course has helped ignite my passion for Musical Theatre and gave me the confidence to follow my dreams!Eoin Callaghan
One day you can be fixing things, putting flanges and pipes together and the next day you can be doing something completely different like changing drives.Jack McLaughlin