Open College Network NI (OCN NI) Traineeship in Retail
Course: Open College Network NI (OCN NI) Level 2 Traineeship in RetailCampus: Strand RoadType: Full TimeStart Date: 06/09/2021
Course: Open College Network NI (OCN NI) Level 2 Traineeship in RetailCampus: StrabaneType: Full TimeStart Date: 06/09/2021
- Site location Strabane Strand Road
- Health & Safety in Retail Premises
- Customer Service in the Retail Sector
- Individuals and Teamwork in a Retail Business
- The Retail Selling Process
- Options May Include:
- Understanding the Control, Receipt and Storage of Stock in a Retail Business
- Understand the Handling of Customer Payments in a Retail Business
- Understanding Environmental Sustainability in the Retail Sector
- Understanding Visual Merchandising for Retail
- Understanding Security and Loss Prevention in a Retail Business
UK RequirementsApplicants will be required to hold a minimum of a Level 1 qualification, defined as 4 GCSEs at grades D-G including Maths and English grades E, or equivalent.
ROI RequirementsApplicants will be required to hold a minimum of a UK Level 1 qualification 4 OLCs (Grade 06 or above) or above to include English and Maths at 06 or above
Trainees will carry out work placement in a retail environment.
Further StudyThis course will provide a solid foundation to help students progress to better employment or further learning opportunities.
Career ProspectsThe Traineeship will allow participants to progress to an apprenticeship at Level 3 or alternatively to Further Education at Level 3.
I progressed from NWRC directly into final year of a degree programme at Glasgow School of Art, along with my twin sister.Tipsudar Cochrane
Katie has recently been accepted onto a Degree course at the prestigious Glasgow School of Art. “Coming onto this course I knew I loved Fine Art and I wanted to study this more in-depth, but I didn’t know how many different specialist areas I would experience in Limavady. The variety in subjects and the freedom to explore a range of different themes and projects has helped me find my love for contemporary 3D work and sculpture. I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is serious about studying Art & Design. School can’t give you the experience this course does. It has really prepared me for University and has helped me achieve my dream of going to Glasgow School of Art!”Katie Curry