Painting and Decorating (Level 2 Diploma)
Apprenticeships & Traineeships
Start Date6 Sep 2021
Course: City and Guilds Level 2 Diploma Painting and DecoratingCampus: SpringtownType: Full TimeStart Date: 06/09/2021
- Site location Springtown
- Dates 06/09/2021 - 28/08/2022
- Unit 215-Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Unit 216-Applying paint systems by brush and roller to complex areas
- Unit 217-Applying standard papers to walls and ceilings
- Unit 218-Producing specialist finishes for decorative work
- Unit 220-Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Unit 230-Creating and applying colour
- Unit 201-Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Unit 202-Principles of building construction, information and communication
UK RequirementsNo formal entry requirements for this course, however applicants must have the potential to successfully gain the qualification.(Interview required)
ROI RequirementsNo formal entry requirements for this course, however applicants must have the potential to successfully gain the qualification.(Interview required)
Students may have the opportunity to attend work experience which will be organised on a weekly basis or in blocks throughout the calendar year. Attendance in college for 16hrs minimum per week is required
Uniform - PPE College covers cost.
Further StudyStudents without Maths and English at grade C or above will have the opportunity to complete essential skills to Level 2 as part of the programme of study. On successful completion of the Level 2 Dip it is possible to progress onto full time employment on Apprenticeship NI programme.
Career ProspectsSalary GuideStarter: £15,000 to £18,000Experienced: £21,000 to £25,000Highly Experienced: £25,000 to £30,000Self-employed painters and decorators set their own pay rates.With experience, you could become a team supervisor or move into related areas like estimating, contract management, interior or set design, or apprentice training.
The support I received at College helped prepare me for work in the Healthcare sector. I'm now a fully qualified, registered nurse.Tonya Webb
I now have the opportunity to progress to University and achieve my chosen degree in only two years due to the preparation I received here at NWRC.Jordan Downey