Start Date6 Sep 2021
Course Code600/2827/0 (Diploma) 600/2826/9 (Extended Diploma)
Course: UAL Level 3 Diploma / Extended Diploma in Art & DesignCampus: Strand RoadType: Full TimeStart Date: 06/09/2021
- Site location Strand Road
- Dates 06/09/2021 - 16/06/2023
- Unit 1: Introduction to visual language in art and design
- Unit 2: Introduction to research skills in art and design
- Unit 3: Introduction to critical and contextual awareness in art and design
- Unit 4: Introduction to materials, processes and technical skills in art and design
- Unit 5: An integrated approach to 2D problem solving in art and design
- Unit 6: An integrated approach to 3D problem solving in art and design
- Unit 7: An integrated approach to time-based problem solving
- Unit 8: Developing an art and design project
- Unit 9: Opportunities for progression in art and design
- Year 2: Unit 10 Characteristics and context in art and design
- Year 2: Unit 11 Preparation for progression in art and design
- Year 2: Unit 12 Engaging with an audience in art and design
- Year 2: Unit 13 Project Proposal and realisation in art and design
UK Requirements4 GCSEs (Grade C or above) to include Art or an art related subject(Moving image/Digital/Design).As well as the required academic qualifications, you will be interviewed, during which your portfolio of recent work must be presented.
ROI Requirements4 OLCs (Grade 05 or above) to include Art, OR Leaving Cert Applied. As well as the required academic qualifications, you will be interviewed, during which your portfolio of recent work must be presented.
Further StudyThis course has a track record of progressing students to HND courses at NWRC and degree programmes at universities throughout the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Career ProspectsFormer students have found employment in areas including teaching, graphic design, fine art, illustration, product design, photography, set design, fashion illustration and professional artistry. Level 3 courses are valued by employers, as successful students possess practical experience and a qualification equivalent to 3 A-Levels.
The support I received at College helped prepare me for work in the Healthcare sector. I'm now a fully qualified, registered nurse.Tonya Webb
NWRC is a great place to learn. The NWRCSU is run by students, for students. We will do our upmost to ensure that the student voice is strong in the College and that your views are being heard right at the very top. Let us all work together so that every student feels that they belong to the collegeEamonn Kelly