Start Date2 Sept 2024
Course: Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Award Body (CPCAB) Level 5 Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and TheoryCampus: Strand RoadType: Part TimeStart Date: 02/09/2024Fees:
- Site location Strand Road
- Work safely/ lega;;y and ethically as a counsellor using the CBT approach
- Use the CBT framework to structure the therapeutic relationship
- Integrate understanding of diversity in CBT work
- Use a coherent CBT approach to work with individual clients and their needs
- Work with self-awareness as a counsellor using the CBT approach.
- Use CBT theory, research and techniques coherently within counselling work
- Monitor and maintain professional effectiveness as a counsellor using the CBT approach
UK RequirementsCandidates must have a professional practice qualification in Counselling. This may include : CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC-L4) or FdSc Integrative Counselling Practice or an equivalent counselling qualification.
ROI RequirementsCandidates must have a professional practice qualification in Counselling. This may include : CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC-L4) or FdSc Integrative Counselling Practice or an equivalent counselling qualification.
Additional Requirements Prior to Entry
Candidates must work as a counsellor or have access to a placement to complete the required CBT sessions with clients.
Further StudyOnce completed you may progress to the Open Universitys Foundation Degree in Counselling. Following sufficient client work experience, you can also progress to CPCAB Level 6 Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Supervision (TCSU-L6).
Career ProspectsCounsellors who have knowledge and skills in CBT are sought after in NHS. Completing this qualification may increase the opportunities for employment.
I've won 11 awards at independent film festivals, including Best Director and Best Short Film. The support I received at NWRC gave me the confidence to pursue my passion.Ryan O'Connor (BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media. Film, TV and Radio)
Apprenticeships differ from school because you can actually earn a wage while gaining your qualifications.Declan McEleney (ApprenticeshipNI Welding)