Higher Education 2023 - Applications are now open
University level qualifications available across our campuses in a wide range of career-focused courses from September 2023.
Our Higher Education (HE) courses include Foundation Degrees, HNDs, HNCs, and Higher Level Apprenticeships. We also offer a range of Professional Development programmes regulated and awarded by professional bodies within the relevant industry.
Our HE portfolio features options in the following subject areas: Art & Design, Business, Computing & IT, Construction, Early Years, Engineering, Hair & Beauty, Health & Social Care, Hospitality & Tourism, Media, Music & Performing Arts, Sport and Science.
After graduating from NWRC I went to Queens University to study a BSc in Chemistry, followed by a PGCE. I'm now working as a full-time Chemistry teacher.Holly Miller (Medical & Applied Science)
It had been a few years since I was at college, but the help and support I received from the lecturers on my course made my time at the college enjoyable and memorable.Mark McConway (Construction)
I applied for a Higher Level Apprenticeship as it was a great opportunity to gain work experience and get paid while studying towards a professional qualification.Rebekah Glen (Accountancy)
Why Choose Higher Education with NWRC?
- Graduation - Every year we celebrate the achievements of our Higher Education students with an graduation ceremony held at the Millennium Forum. This is a wonderful occasion with special guests, alumni speakers, and cap and gowns which represent the colour of the institution that validates your qualification.
- Significant savings on fees – Lower tuition fees than university. Many of our Part-Time courses offer reduced fees for those receiving benefits (conditions apply).
- Financial incentives - access a full range of financial support packages, including tuition fee loans, maintenance grants bursaries, hardship funds and childcare vouchers (conditions apply).
- Study close to home – save on accommodation, maintenance and travel costs, and stay close to family and friends
- Flexible payment options – if studying part-time you may be eligible to pay for your course in affordable monthly instalments.
- Smaller class sizes – provides greater quality tutor support and guidance, helping you progress and excel.
- Links with local employers – providing opportunities for employment, work experience and mentoring. Many of our courses offer the chance to train and study abroad.
- Accredited by leading universities – our Degrees and Foundation Degrees are provided and awarded by universities such as Ulster University, Queen's University Belfast, Atlantic Technological University (ATU) and The Open University, providing you with Associate Students status which grants you access to their on-site learning resources.
- Enhanced progression opportunities - Last year more than 650 NWRC graduates secured places at over 80 universities throughout the UK and Ireland, while many more found employment locally, regionally and internationally.