Study Degree Level Qualifications on your Doorstep
Aim higher and study local by choosing a Higher Education course at our College, starting from September 2022.
Exciting range of job-focused Foundation degree, Higher National Diploma / Certificate, Higher Level Apprenticeship or Professional Development programmes now on offer, across a number of subject areas, delivered in our state-of-the-art facilities and campuses. Many of our courses are delivered on both a Full and Part-Time basis.
Each course is designed to develop the specific knowledge and skills required in your chosen career area, and can give you the opportunity to move directly into employment or to degree study when you complete your studies. Our tutors are passionate and enthusiastic with real industry experience. Our friendly and dedicated support staff are always on hand to provide advice and guidance.
After graduating from NWRC I went to Queens University to study a BSc in Chemistry, followed by a PGCE. I'm now working as a full-time Chemistry teacher.Holly Miller (Medical & Applied Science)
It had been a few years since I was at college, but the help and support I received from the lecturers on my course made my time at the college enjoyable and memorable.Mark McConway (Construction)
I applied for a Higher Level Apprenticeship as it was a great opportunity to gain work experience and get paid while studying towards a professional qualification.Rebekah Glen (Accountancy)
Why Choose Higher Education
Studying a higher education course at NWRC offers many benefits over traditional universities:
- Significant savings on fees – Lower tuition fees than university. Many of our Part-Time courses offer reduced fees for those receiving benefits (conditions apply).
- Financial incentives - access a full range of financial support packages, including tuition fee loans, maintenance grants bursaries, hardship funds and childcare vouchers (conditions apply).
- Study close to home – save on accommodation, maintenance and travel costs, and stay close to family and friends
- Flexible payment options – if studying part-time you may be eligible to pay for your course in affordable monthly instalments.
- Smaller class sizes – provides greater quality tutor support and guidance, helping you progress and excel.
- Links with local employers – providing opportunities for employment, work experience and mentoring. Many of our courses offer the chance to train and study abroad.
- Accredited by reputable universities – our Foundation Degrees are provided and awarded by local universities such as Ulster University, Queen's University Belfast and Letterkenny Institute of Technology (LYIT), providing you with Associate Students status which grants you access to their on-site learning resources.
- Progression opportunities - Last year more than 650 NWRC graduates secured places at over 80 universities throughout the UK and Ireland, while many more found employment locally, regionally and internationally.