Become a Student Ambassador
Our Students are our Best Ambassadors!
Help us create a great first impression of NWRC by becoming a Student Ambassador. You'll be part of an enthusiastic team, learn skills that add real value to your CV, and get some exclusive freebies!
As a Student Ambassador, you will assist the Marketing & PR team to positively represent the College and promote its benefits through a variety of activities and events.
You will become a role model to both current and prospective students, by showcasing College life, the facilities, and course offering to encourage others to pursue their ambitions.
What does the role involve?
As a student ambassador, there's plenty for you to get involved with, including:
- Open Days / Recruitment events
- Campus tours and school visits
- Higher Education / UCAS exhibitions
- Careers fairs and roadshows
- Promotional video and photoshoots
- College advertising and recruitment campaigns
- Sharing your experience with others via social media, press, radio and TV
- Producing blogs, videos and other marketing content
For more details see our FAQ section below.
Becoming a Student Ambassador with NWRC has been one of the best decisions I've made at college. It's an extremely friendly environment, and I've made lots of new friends. I have also been able to highlight my experience on the ambassador programme as part of my UCAS application, which helps me stand out from the crowd!Amy HutcheonLevel 3 Extended Diploma in Health Science (Year 2)
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve gathered some of the most frequently asked questions below, so you can find the answer and a relevant point of contact quickly and easily. If you have a question that we haven't answered below, drop us an email at email@example.com
Becoming a student ambassador offers you the opportunity to gain practical experience and develop a variety of new skills.
Some of the key benefits include:
- FREE Student Ambassador pack* (includes a premium branded hoodie, backpack, stainless steel drinking bottle, headphones, and more)
- Receive digital copies of your professional photographs
- Give yourself an edge over the competition by enhancing your CV and UCAS application
- Learn about Marketing and Events Management
- Work with a variety of people, including industry professionals
- Develop important employability skills such team working, leadership skills, and time management
- Build your confidence and improve your communication skills
- Gain a professional reference for future employment
- Receive a ‘Certificate of Appreciation’
*contents subject to change
Your role as an ambassador is an important one. As a current student, your voice will often have the greatest impact on young people’s opinions. You will support the Marketing & PR team in a wide range of college activities and events. It is totally up to you which activities you want to take part in.
This may include:
- Case Studies - Appearing as a student profile in our College course guides and official website.
- Advertising Campaigns - Participating in student recruitment campaigns, which may include outdoor advertising (e.g. Billboard, Bus).
- Social Media - Sharing your experience on the College's official social media channels via a video.
- Press / Media - Working with the Marketing & PR team to showcase the College’s work and success stories via press, radio, and television.
- Video & Photography - Taking part in promotional video and/or photoshoots to capture images of life on campus
- College Events - Guiding prospective students and their parents at Open Day and providing insight into what NWRC has to offer. Other events may include campus tours, school visits, career conventions and Higher Education / UCAS fairs
- Creating Content - Supporting the production of College promotional films, writing blogs, taking part in social media takeovers, etc.
For more details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Student ambassadors must be:
- Positive and friendly
- Reliable, hard-working and willing to get involved
- A good team player - you will be working alongside Marketing & PR, Careers, Student Services and Admissions staff, as well as College academic staff and other ambassadors.
- Adaptable and willing to take part in a range of different tasks.
- Passionate and enthusiastic. Must be willing to share your own personal experiences with prospective students, parents, and teachers.
Student Ambassador applications are now open
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Be a current student studying a Full-Time or Part-Time course at North West Regional College
- Meet some or all of the qualities on the personal specification (see above)
Students who are successful will be invited to an informal chat in person to talk about how you can support us.
If you work often enough for us you will gain a personal reference following your student ambassador work with NWRC. For more details contact email@example.com
How do I Apply?
To apply simply complete the application form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information. Our Student Ambassador programme is open to all 2021/22 Full and Part-Time students. We also accept applications from graduates who wish to share their success stories.
Note: All students accepted onto the Students Ambassador Programme will be required to complete a GDPR consent form to comply with current Data Protection Legislation.
Student Ambassador application form
Your submission was successful