Love your College? Become an NWRC Student Ambassador
As a Student Ambassador, you will have the opportunity to represent the College and promote its benefits to prospective students and young people. Student Ambassadors undertake leadership roles while making positive contributions to the College.
You’ll be a role model for current and future students, as well as the wider community by helping to showcase College life, facilities and courses. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to support and promote upcoming College events and activities. You’ll gain experience and develop skills that will not only look good on your UCAS form and CV, it will also impress employers.
We are looking for students to represent NWRC as Student Ambassadors and inspire young people. As part of the Student Voice Initiative, we want to hear from students who have an interest in getting involved in wider college life and maximise the support on offer when challenges arise.
Student Ambassadors share their experiences of what it’s like to study at NWRC with prospective students, their families and teachers. They will represent NWRC at events on and off-campus, with members of staff or with other Ambassadors. The number of people they engage with can vary from a handful to hundreds depending on the type of event.
Below are the types of events that Student Ambassadors will help with. You may have experienced some of these events yourselves when you applied to NWRC.
- Open Events
- School visits
- Careers Roadshows
- Higher Education and UCAS Fairs
- Community Events and Festivals
- Campus Tours
- Schools Visits to Campus
What makes a good Student Ambassador?
- Current NWRC student
- Available to commit to a minimum of two events per term
- Enthusiastic about NWRC and the benefits of further and higher education
- Friendly – able to speak to a diverse range of people who may be shy or unsure about college life
- Reliable, organised, good at timekeeping, able to show initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Ambassadors represent NWRC and should be naturally courteous and professional.
Why should I apply?
- Develop your public speaking, teamwork and independent thinking skills
- A fantastic way of building self-confidence
- Meet other NWRC students from a wide range of different courses
- It looks great on your CV and can give you something else to speak about in interviews
- If you work often enough for us the Marketing and Careers Team can provide references for jobs.
Our Student Ambassadors will support NWRC’s Marketing & PR team in a number of ways, which may include:
- Appearing as a student profile in NWRC prospectus/course guides and official website
- Participating in College recruitment campaigns, which may include outdoor advertising (e.g. Billboard, Bus)
- Sharing your experience on NWRC social media via a video
- Working with the College’s Marketing & PR team to showcase the College’s work and success stories via press, radio and television
- Taking part in College promotional photo and/or video shoots to capture images of life on campus
- Guiding prospective students and parents at Open Day and supporting other College events internally and externally, including School Visits and Careers Conventions
- Current Media Student filmmakers supporting the production of College promotional films
Being a Student Ambassador is a varied and rewarding role; developing your communication and teamwork skills, increasing your employability and giving you the chance to enhance your CV. Additionally you will receive an exclusive Student Ambassador pack with a number of branded products and merchandise for you to enjoy.
- Receive a Student Ambassador Pack
- Work with a variety of people
- Build your confidence
- Learn about marketing and events
- Gain valuable work experience for your CV
- Improve your communication and interpersonal skills
- Gain a professional reference for future employment
- Receive a ‘Certificate of Achievement’
How do I apply?
To apply simply complete the application form below or email email@example.com to find out more information. Our Student Ambassador programme is open to all 2020/21 Full and Part-Time students at NWRC. We also accept applications from graduates who wish to share their success stories.
Note: All students accepted onto the Students Ambassador Programme will be required to complete a GDPR consent form to comply with current Data Protection Legislation.