Learning has no age limit
Returning to education a little later in life can seem daunting, but at NWRC extensive support is available to build your confidence and help you feel prepared
For many adults, the decision to return to education is life-changing, opening up new career prospects and employment opportunities. Many are returning to college after a break in their education, some are looking to retrain for a new career, while others are trying to make the most out of opportunities they may not have had when they were younger.
We believe that education is for everyone, regardless of age.
It made sense for me to study in an area where I could work alongside my studies. There is a huge benefit to the HLA because you can study locally, there’s no course fees and you learn about the industry while you’re working. There are so many employment opportunities!Roberta Deehan (HLA in Hospitality and Tourism Management)
One of my first aims within NWRC is to identify and reward innovative ideas and entrepreneurial thinking throughout the college network. The IDEATOR Awards will serve as a stepping stone for both students, recent NWRC alumni and the staff network to develop business ideas further.Alastair Cameron (NWRC Entrepreneur in Residence)
I've always wanted to learn Sign Language and this course fitted in perfectly with my full-time work. I enjoyed it so much I've decided to continue my learning next year.Breidge Patton (British Sign Language)
Why choose NWRC?
Studying with us has lots of benefits, including:
- Flexible hours to suit your lifestyle and work/family commitments
- Lots of one-to-one tutor support
- Small class sizes and study groups
- Cutting edge training facilities
- Free college gym membership
- Free access to our Library and Learning Resource Centre
- Free* car parking (after 5pm at Strand Road campus)
- Loans and grants to help cover course fees and expenses
- Help with childcare needs
- Pay for your course in affordable monthly instalments (criteria applies)
- Discounted fees for those receiving benefits
- Access a wide range of student support services, including careers guidance and learning support
- 100% Skills Focus funding for businesses