skip to main content
Coronavirus (COVID-19)

International Students

  • Group of young adult students sitting on sofa, using a variety smartphones, tablets and headphones.

At NWRC, International Students have the opportunity to enjoy academic progression in a modern academic environment.

We are a public funded Further and Higher Education College in Northern Ireland with approximately 800 staff and 10,000 students. We provide high quality teaching and support services, and have been awarded a number of quality awards including Investors in People, The Skills for Health Quality Mark, STEM Assured and Matrix for our Careers Academy.

Academically we offer a broad range of internationally recognised Ofqual qualifications e.g. Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diplomas (HND), Higher National Certificates (HNC’s), Higher Level Apprenticeships, Level 3, Professional Qualifications and Vocational courses. Our full time courses offer progression routes to many degree programmes at universities in Northern Ireland (Ulster University and Queens University, Belfast) and the United Kingdom.

Our UK Visa and Immigration ‘Tier 4 Sponsor Status’ is assurance of our high standard of education and the rigour we apply to the international applicant process. Compliance with Home Office and UKVI requirements is essential so before applying to NWRC check out our International web page for more information.

Studying in the UK and Northern Ireland whilst a great option has several considerations:

  • Cost
  • Each individual student’s ability to live away from home independently. Living in a country with no family or friends can be daunting and the student must have the ability to make friends, live independently and be resilient to a change in lifestyle and culture.

We welcome applications from International Students (non- EU) to level three or above courses which lead to a level six qualification (Ofqual qualification)

In order to be accepted you need:

  • Ability to speak, read, write and understand English to an IELTS 5.5 from a SELT (Secure English Language Test) provider
  • A good standard of English (there are lists of English language tests that are deemed accessible by UKVI for immigration purposes). Most common are the Cambridge IELTS exams or Trinity exams via SELT approved centre
  • A qualification that satisfies the entry requirements for your chosen course
  • To be aged 18 or over
  • To participate in an interview with the course coordinator
    (Skype where appropriate)

If English is not your first language, you will need to demonstrate that your written and spoken English is adequate for the programme that you want to study. Most International Students submit scores in either the British Council IELTS test.

This site uses cookies. Some of them are essential while others help us improve your browsing experience. To learn more about cookies, including how to disable them, view our Cookie Policy. By clicking "Accept" on this banner you consent to the use of cookies unless you have disabled them.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now