NWRC are now recruiting individuals to complete the Kickstart IT Programme as part of the Flexible Skills Fund.
This programme is run in conjunction with Derry and Strabane District Council and Department for the economy. This course will run for 16 weeks followed by 4 week of work placement starting on 10th January 2022.
What you need to know
- Course commencing on 10TH January 2022
- Aptitude test as part of vetting process will be completed by 20TH December
- Interviews to be held by 20th December
- 20 week programme, 16 weeks course delivery followed by a 4 week work placement
- This course is fully funded by the Department for the Economy
- Course delivery will take place at NWRC Strand Road campus
- Applicants to register by emailing email@example.com
- Employers to email registration of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is beneficial to have level 4 or higher qualification or 3 A Levels particularly in IT but not essential
The Skill Up Kickstart IT programme will be accessible to all groups, those in employment and those unemployed. Participants will be able to avail of free courses and accredited qualifications, which will improve their skills, benefitting their employment opportunities and enhancing Northern Ireland’s continuously growing and diversifying economy.
To apply you must be;
- Over 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in Northern Ireland
- ‘Settled’ in Northern Ireland, and has been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least three years; or is a person who has indefinite leave to enter or remain in the UK.
How will it make me more employable?
This programme will help increase your employability and earning potential. On successful completion of the course you will have obtained a OCN NI Level 4 Diploma in Software Testing qualification.
Course content will be primarily industry specific and of a practical nature. There will be a strong emphasis placed on the area of Software Testing. The content will be appropriate for accreditations that are widely recognised and sought after by the IT industry. The ISTQB foundation certificate and certificate of competency in Java will also be included as part of this programme.