Find Your Dream Course
Yes You Can Achieve Your Dreams
Anything is possible with NWRC. You can progress straight into final year of a university degree, you can land that dream job you've always wanted or even set-up your own business. You can also gain paid, on-the-job training while studying towards your qualification.
The possibilities are endless, so make your mark with a course that excites you, challenges you, and prepares you for career success.
Got your results? What next?
Deciding on your next step can be daunting. If you are uncertain about where to start or didn’t get the results you were expecting, don’t worry. Our friendly team of experts are here to provide you with career advice, course information, and help to complete your application. We can help you find the course that's right for you.
Are you a current NWRC student? See our FAQs below for more information on collecting your results.
Waiting on your Leaving Cert? If you have already applied you will be contacted directly. If not, you can apply for a course right now and confirm your results later.
- Secure Your Place - Have you already applied for a course at NWRC? Confirm your place now from the comfort of your own home by uploading your results online.
- Get Expert Advice - Unsure about your next step or didn’t get the results you were expecting? Speak with our tutors and dedicated support staff online now. Drop us a message or call 028 7127 6000. We're here to help.
- Apply For a Course - With more than 550 courses on offer across 18 different subject areas, you're sure to find the perfect course for you. Limited places are still available. Find your dream course online or call 028 7127 6000 to apply. You can also view our course guides.
- Student Stories - Learn more about what our current students and alumni have to say about their NWRC experience and why you should follow in their footsteps.
Already an NWRC student?
Currently a student with NWRC and waiting on your results? See below for answers to some of your most frequently asked questions. If you have any other queries please email email@example.com.
Planned examinations for GCSE, BTEC Nationals, BTEC Level 2 and Essential Skills programmes will not go ahead this academic year. A teacher-assessed grades approach will be used for UK-regulated qualifications including GCSEs and BTEC external assessments.
Judgement will be quality assured by awarding organisations. Teachers will collate a range of evidence for learners expecting to receive a grade this summer.
Yes. Please see the presentation for CCEA GCSE students: CCEA Principals Update
- 10 August 2021 BTEC Nationals and other Level 3 qualifications
- 12 August 2021 GCSE, Essential Skills and other Level 2 qualifications
The below table provides information on how you can obtain your results at NWRC.
Release Date / Time
Pearson BTEC Level 3 (for final year students only) Tue 10 August from 8:30 am Pearson BTEC Level 1/2 Thu 12 August from 8:30 am CCEA GCSE Occupational Studies (Strand Road only) Thu 12 August from 8:30 am OCR Cambridge Technical Thu 12 August from 8:30 am RSL Level 2 and 3 Tue 10 August from 8:30 am UAL Tue 10 August from 8.30 am
Results by Post
OCN Essential Skills Application of Number Communication
Results slips will be posted to your home address from week commencing Mon 9th August.
All other Awarding Bodies Results/certificates for all other Awarding Bodies will be posted to
your home address as soon as we receive them.
You can request your examination results in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You can access your results online via your NWRC online account for the Awarding Bodies listed in the previous section.
- Access the examination section of your NWRC online account.
- You will be required to log in using the Username and Password you originally created when setting up your online account. Your Username is usually the start of your personal email address.
- Alternatively, you can email email@example.com with your full name, date of birth and course attended, and our examinations staff will confirm your results to you via email. You must email us directly as we cannot share your results with anyone else.
Please note, due to the high volume of enquiries expected during results week it may be 24 hours before your query is answered.
Pearson BTEC are to release more information on how ‘mid-flight’ learners (i.e. those progressing from Year 1 to Year 2) can access results. Pearson BTEC have advised they will not be issuing unit-level results for external assessments, or for those internal assessments that are under the ‘reduced assessment’ mitigation and will not issue NOPs (Notification of Performance) statements.
We will communicate further information when this becomes available from Pearson.
Our curriculum support teams will contact you directly to advise you on your start date for entering Year 2. Alternatively, you can email our curriculum support teams:
- Access to Higher Education
- Hospitality & Catering
- Performing Arts
- Travel & Tourism
- Art and Design
- Computing and IT
- Media, Multimedia & Journalism
- Care and Health
- Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- Early Years (Childcare)
- Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
- Access to Higher Education
If you did not receive the results you expected, you should review the Academic Assessment Appeals Policy immediately for guidance on how to submit an Appeal. See the section below for further information.
There is a 2-stage process that must be followed. For details of the process please refer to section 6 of the Academic Assessment Appeals Policy.
In the first instance, a Centre Review must be requested. See key dates below:
Key dates for priority appeals
A priority appeal is only for students applying to higher education who did not attain their firm choice (i.e. the offer they accepted as their first choice) and wish to appeal an A-Level or other Level 3 qualification result.
10 August to 16 August 2021 Window for students to request a centre review 10 August to 20 August 2021 Centres conduct centre reviews
10 August to 23 August 2021
Centres submit appeals to awarding organisations
Key dates for non-priority appeals
From results day to 3 September 2021 Window for students to request a centre review From results day to 10 September 2021 Centres conduct centre reviews From results day to 17 September 2021 Centres submit appeals to awarding organisations
If you have any queries in relation to this process, please email QEU@nwrc.ac.uk
You can contact our Careers Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our experienced Careers Advisors will guide and support you through this process.
Alternatively, if you know which course you would like to apply for you can make a new application online and a member of our Admissions team will be in touch. For more details on how to apply for a course visit www.nwrc.ac.uk/apply.
You can email email@example.com with your name, date of birth and course details and the team will arrange to have your records updated.
Please send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, that due to the high volume of enquiries expected during Results Week it may be 24 hours before your query is answered.
Reasons to Love NWRC
We're working hard to ensure a safe and high-quality learning environment for our staff and students. If you're planning to join us in September 2021 please be aware that some temporary changes to teaching may be required, depending on the latest government guidelines at that time. Please view the latest information to stay up to date.