Start Date1 Sept 2023
Duration1 Year (HNC) 2 Year (HND)
Course: Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma Early Childhood Education and CareCampus: Strand RoadType: Full TimeStart Date: 01/09/2023Fees:
- Site location Strand Road
- 4 Supporting and Promoting Children’s Development- Babies & Toddlers
- 5 Supporting and Promoting Children’s Development - Young Children
- 6 Promoting Healthy Living
- 7 Preparing for Research
- 8 Promoting Inclusive Early Childhood Education
- 9 Investigating Childhood: Action Research for Early Childhood Practitioners (Pearson-set Project)
- 10 Improving Quality in Early Childhood Education and Care Environments
- 29 Innovative Approaches to Childrens Play and Learning in Practice
- 11 Current & Emerging Pedagogies in Early Childhood Education and Care
- 21 Trauma in Childhood: Addressing the Impact of Adverse Experiences on Child Health and Wellbeing
- 27 Outdoor Play and Learning
- 1 Professional Development Through Reflective Practice
- 2 Protecting Children in Early Childhood Education and Care Environments
- 3 Play and Learning in Early Childhood
UK Requirements48 UCAS points and minimum of GCSE English at grade C or equivalent. Access 40%. Applicants must have a Level 3 Qualification, e.g. A Levels, BTEC National Diploma, CACHE Level 3 Diploma/ Extended Diploma, DCE, Level 3 in Playwork, an AVCE/Advanced GNVQ in an appropriate Vocational area.Interview required prior to enrolment.
ROI Requirements48 UCAS points and minimum of OLC English at grade O5. Access 40%. Applicants must have a Level 3 Qualification, e.g. Leaving Certificate, BTEC National Diploma, CACHE Level 3 Diploma/ Extended Diploma, DCE, Level 3 in Playwork, an AVCE/Advanced GNVQ in an appropriate Vocational area. Please note in some universities OLC Grade 05 may not be accepted as equivalent to GCSE Grade C. Interview required prior to enrolment.
The number of hours in work placement will be 525 hours in a minimum of three distinct settings covering the age groups birth to one year 11 months, two years to four years 11 months and five years to seven years 11 months. 375 placement hours should be completed in year 1 of the full time programme.
Uniform - £20 - £40
Further StudyYou can progress into employment or to university - Teacher Training qualification, an (Hons) Degree in Early Childhood Studies, Psychology, Nursing, Paediatrics, Social Work, Youth Work or another related profession. We work closely with our partners in universities to develop opportunities for our students to continue their studies at degree level. In addition our students are well sought after in the local area for jobs as classroom assistants and early years practitioners.
Career ProspectsTeacher Training, Classroom assistant, Playgroup leader, Creche leader, Childminder
My Foundation Degree course gave me the tools and knowledge I needed to progress to a Degree in Business and Enterprise. I recently started my own textile business in the city called ‘Custom Designs’.Leo Nicholl (Business)
I now have the opportunity to progress to University and achieve my chosen degree in only two years due to the preparation I received here at NWRC.Jordan Downey (former Student Union President)
Discover our other courses
Supporting Children in Home-based Childcare Environments (Level 5 UNIT ONLY)
- Early Years
Recruitment and selection within health and social care or children and young people’s settings (Level 4 UNIT ONLY)
- Early Years
Early Childhood Education and Care (Level 4 Higher National Certificate)
- Early Years