Applications for Further Education courses 24/25 opening early 2024
Course: City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma Beauty TherapyCampus: LimavadyType: Full TimeStart Date:Fees:
Course: City and Guilds Level 3 Diploma Beauty TherapyCampus: StrabaneType: Full TimeStart Date:Fees:
- Site location Limavady Main St Strabane
- Unit 302 Monitor and maintain health and safety practice in the salon
- Unit 303 Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Unit 304 Promote and sell products and services to clients
- Unit 306 Provide facial electrotherapy treatments
- Unit 309 Provide massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Unit 311 Provide Indian head massage
- Unit 313 Provide self tanning
- Unit 317 Apply individual permanent lashes
- Unit 321 Apply micro-dermabrasion
- Unit 322 Apply stone therapy massage
- unit 305 Provide body massage
UK RequirementsLevel 2 Hairdressing; OR Level 2 Combined Hair/Beauty
ROI RequirementsLevel 2 Beauty Therapy; OR Level 2 Hair & Beauty Combined
You will spend at least 1 day per week on placement in local beauty salons to gain vital client and industry experience. As placement is an integral part of your qualification a self-declaration of current health status is implicit as part of the overall risk assessment process.
Uniform - £30
Further StudySuccessful students may choose to enhance their career opportunities by undertaking a range of Level 4/5 specialist units or OCN/NI in Hair & Beauty Management.
Career ProspectsThere are many exciting opportunities open to the qualified therapist, such as Salon Ownership, Beauty Therapists, working aboard Cruise Ships and in prestigious Health Spas or opening your own business.
NWRC is a great place to learn. The NWRCSU is run by students, for students. We will do our upmost to ensure that the student voice is strong in the College and that your views are being heard right at the very top. Let us all work together so that every student feels that they belong to the collegeEamonn Kelly
I studied the OCN Level 2 Award in Bakery & Patisserie. My course was delivered in the College's kitchens. There was a sense of community and a warm relaxing atmosphere throughout. If I was to describe my experience in 3 words it would be fun, exciting and therapeutic!Stephen McAteer (Limavady)