Start Date2 Sept 2024
Course: NCFE Level 5 Higher Level Apprenticeship CACHE Leadership For Childrens Care, Learning & Development (Management) (Northern Ireland)Campus: Strand RoadType: Part TimeStart Date: 02/09/2024Fees:
- Site location Strand Road
- K/602/3463 Support Children’s Care, Learning and Development in the Early Years
- F/601/9449 Understand Children and Young Person’s Development
- J/601/9369 Lead Practice that Supports Positive Outcomes for Child and Young Person Development
- A/601/9370 Develop and Implement Policies and Procedures to Support the Safeguarding of Children and Young People
- R/602/3456 Professional Practice in Children’s Care, Learning and Development
- K/602/3172 Develop Health and Safety and Risk Management Policies, Procedures and Practices in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
- A/602/3189 Work in Partnership in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Settings
- F/602/2335 Use and Develop Systems that Promote Communication
- L/602/2578 Promote Professional Development
- Y/602/3183 Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- H/602/3171 Lead and Manage a Team within a Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Setting
- M/602/3187 Develop professional Supervision Practice in Health and Social Care or Children and Young People’s Work Settings
- J/504/2219 Appraise staff performance
- J/602/2336 "Develop procedures and practice to respond to concerns and complaints"
- R/602/2338 Recruitment and selection within health and
- T/602/2574 Manage induction in health and social care or
- F/602/2612 Facilitate change
- R/602/2758 Manage quality
UK RequirementsBe newly appointed or promoted to a position of Deputy Leader, Leader, Assistant Managers or Deputy Manager in children’s care, learning and development setting. Be a minimum age of at least 19 years old. Have a minimum of GCSE English at Grade C or equivalent Hold a Level 3 qualification in CCLD applicants must attend a pre course information session.
ROI RequirementsBe newly appointed or promoted to a position of Deputy Leader, Leader, Assistant Managers or Deputy Manager in children’s care, learning and development setting. Be a minimum age of at least 19 years old. Have a minimum of English at Grade O5 or equivalent Hold a Level 5 qualification in CCLD applicants must attend a pre course information session.
Additional Requirements Prior to Entry
Access NI Check
Attendance at Information Session
You will need to be in employment or about to take up employment in a company relevant to your chosen profession. You can be an existing employee upskilling and moving to a new job role or a newly recruited employee taking up a permanent contract of employment.
Further StudyIf pathways to HLA level 6 - 7 studies exist then participants may wish to consider continuing their progression as a Higher Level Apprentice. Upon successful completion, opportunities exist for progression to employment or university. Previous graduates have progressed to the (Hons) Degree in Early Childhood Studies
Career ProspectsThis qualification is suitable for Assistant Managers and Deputy Managers working in children’s care, learning and development in Northern Ireland, who are looking to progress their career
I passed my Essential Skills in English after taking a community course with NWRC, through the Roe Valley Residents Association. The class was very relaxed and I had a brilliant tutor in Conal McNickle. I would highly recommend taking a class at your local community hub, and I’m now considering further learning with the College.Kathryn Morgan (Limavady)
NWRC helped prepare me for University. My science course led on to a degree in Dietetics and then a PhD. I am now a lecturer in Dietetics at Ulster University, Coleraine.Caomhan LogueScience (Level 3 Access Diploma)