Download a Course Guide
Business Administration Skills (Legal Secretary Pathway) (Level 2 Traineeship OCN L2 Diploma)
Start Date2 Sept 2024
Duration1 year full time / 2 years part time
Course: Open College Network NI (OCN NI) Level 2 Traineeship OCN L2 Dip Business Administration Skills (Legal Secretary Pathway)Campus: Strand RoadType: Full TimeStart Date: 02/09/2024Fees:
- Site location Strand Road
- If you do not hold a Level 2 qualification in Numeracy or Literacy you will be given the opportunity to complete these during this course to enhance your employability and progression prospects.
- Teamwork in Administration
- Written Business Communications
- Understanding the Role of an Administrator
- Customer Service and Communication
- Career Planning in Administration
- Welcoming and Receiving Visitors to the Workplace
- Making and Receiving Business Calls
- Legal Audio Processing
- Using Databases in a Legal Environment
- Using Spreadsheets in a Legal Environment
- Proofreading Legal and Business Documents
- Working in a Legal Environment
- Word Processing Software
UK Requirements4 GCSEs Grade D-G or above to include Maths at Grade E and English Grade D or above.If you dont meet enhanced Maths and English grade you may be eligible for the introductory phase of Traineeship.
ROI Requirements4 OLCs Grade O5 - O8 or above to include Maths at Grade O6 and English O5 or above. Applicants presenting with a Junior Cert or Junior Cycle qualification should have attained a majority of higher-level subjects including English and Maths. If you dont meet enhanced Maths and English grade you may be eligible for the introductory phase of Traineeship.
Additional Requirements Prior to Entry
Attendance at Information Session
Students will complete a short period of work placement in the relevant industry.
Further StudyThis course can progress you directly into employment or onto a Level 3 programme at our College.
Career ProspectsPast pupils have gained employment as: Legal Personal Assistants; Legal Secretaries; General Administrators (eg secretary in a school, architect’s office); Clerical Officer in the Legal Department of a bank; Civil Service.
When I finish my Foundation Degree I plan to progress to University and do a Bio-Medical Degree and eventually work in a forensic lab.Suzanne Ramage
The College gave me so many amazing opportunities, such as competing at the 'Worldskills' Finals in Russia!Declan Porter