Why get involved with our Higher Level Apprenticeships?
North West Regional College has led the way in developing the Higher Level Apprenticeships framework within Northern Ireland based on strong links with academic partners and business.
There is no cost to the employer for participation. The College has secured funding to offer a number of Higher Level Apprenticeship (HLA) programmes tailored to industry needs. These programmes offer employers an opportunity to ‘employ clever’ through an initiative which is aimed at addressing high-level skills shortages which are increasingly evident across the region.
Apprentices can be newly recruited (employed within 6 months) members of staff or existing employees who are taking on a new role within the business and who wish to upskill and re-skill may also be eligible.
Companies involved include Fleming Agri, Fujitsu, Claremount Chartered Accountant, FinTru, Seagate, Terex, FAST Technologies, E&I Engineering, Little Treasures, Stepping Stones and DA Forgie.
Employers must have a base in Northern Ireland.
2023-24 Course Overview
- Level 4 Construction with Renewables
- Level 4 Advanced Technician in Engineering - Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Level 4 Advanced Technician in Engineering - General Engineering
- Level 5 Accountancy
- Level 5 Business and Enterprise
- Level 5 Software Development
- Level 5 Leadership for Children Care, Learning and Development
- Level 5 Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Level 5 Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Level 5 Mechanical Engineering