What is a Higher Level Apprenticeship?
A Higher Level Apprenticeship is a unique work-based programme, which enables participants to earn while they learn and gain a nationally recognised higher-level qualification. Successful candidates will be employed in a company relevant to their chosen profession to gain valuable industry experience. This experience will feature a close mentoring relationship and academic support provided by North West Regional College as they progress through the relevant higher-level qualification.
The Higher Level Apprenticeship programme is widely recognised as the best combination of on the job training and employee higher level study available. The programme offers employees the opportunity to gain a level 4 / 5 qualification. In addition, the programme aims to improve business practice by developing a progressively skilled workforce essential for today’s competitive economic climate.
North West Regional College has led the way in developing the Higher Level Apprenticeship provision within Northern Ireland based on strong links with academic partners and business.
Programmes we offer
- Level 4 Construction with Renewables
- Level 4 Advanced Technician in Engineering - General Engineering
- Level 4 advanced Technician in Engineering- Electrical and Electronic
- Level 5 Accountancy
- Level 5 Business and Enterprise
- Level 5 Leadership for Children Care, Learning and Development
- Level 5 Hospitality Tourism and Event's Management
- Level 5 Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Level 5 Mechanical Engineering
Why choose a Higher Level Apprenticeship?
By taking part in a Higher Level Apprenticeship, you can gain the skills that employers need and that are relevant to the local economy, therefore improving your prospects of good earnings and sustained employment.
Other benefits include:
- Earning while you learn
- Achieving professional-level qualifications without paying higher education tuition fees
- Increased opportunities for career progression
- A clear pathway to achieving ambitions in the workplace
It made sense for me to study in an area where I could work alongside my studies. There is a huge benefit to the HLA because you can study locally, there’s no course fees and you learn about the industry while you’re working. There are so many employment opportunities!Roberta Deehan (HLA in Hospitality and Tourism Management)