skip to main content
Already applied? Confirm your place now

North West Regional College provides a counselling service for students.

Counselling takes place between a professional helper (Counsellor) and somebody who can benefit from insight into how they might differently manage those issues which are causing them concern. It involves talking, listening, questioning and challenging.

How do I access the College Student Counselling Service?

Drop into any of the College’s Student Services offices and ask for an appointment or e-mail

You will then be contacted by a member of the Student Counselling Service.

Who can I talk to?

For course-related issues contact your Tutor or a member of the Course Team. If you are having personal issues contact Student Services. If you require Counselling contact the College Counselling Services via the Student Services Office or directly as indicated on your Student Diary.

What can I talk about?

  • If you need general help/advice in relation to your academic studies
  • If you feel like you are a victim of bullying/harassment
  • Feeling lonely or isolated
  • Stressed with Exams
  • Fear of Failure
  • Academic Concerns
  • Discrimination
  • Cyber-Bullying

Safeguarding Officer / NWRC Counselling Service

  • Abuse (Physical, Mental, Emotional, Sexual, Exploitation, Neglect)
  • Alcohol/Drug Problems
  • Anxiety
  • Bereavement
  • Child Sexual Exploitation
  • Compulsive Behaviour
  • Concerns about Sexuality/Gender
  • Crisis Intervention
  • Criminal Behaviour
  • Depression
  • Domestic Violence
  • Eating Disorders
  • Panic Attacks
  • Parental Divorce/Separation
  • Self-Harming Behaviour
  • Social Isolation & Phobias
  • Suicidal Thoughts
  • Unplanned Pregnancy

This site uses cookies. Some of them are essential while others help us improve your browsing experience. To learn more about cookies, including how to disable them, view our Cookie Policy. By clicking "Accept" on this banner you consent to the use of cookies unless you have disabled them.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now