Education Maintenance Allowance
Applications for the 2021-22 academic year are now open. You can apply by completing the EMA Application Form.
Please make sure you have read the Guidance Notes before completing and sending your application.
- EMA pays £30 per week and is available to 16-19 year olds (means tested)
- Courses must be at least 15 hours per week (excludes Essential Skills)
- EMA Application forms are available online
Please note: Continuing students do not need to reapply.
Further Education Grant
- FE Grants are available to students who are studying full-time further education courses and are 19+ on the 1st July 2021.
- Students can get up to £2,092 per year (means tested, non-repayable)
- Download an Application Form or collect a copy from Student Services
Deadline to be guaranteed funding is 30th June but applications are open until the 30th September.
Part-time Further Education Award
- Part-time further education awards are also available to students studying part-time further education courses
- Students can get up to £465 towards fees and £265 towards books and materials
- Download an Application Form or collect a copy from Student Services.
Deadline for funding is 30th September.
Republic of Ireland Students
- There are no grants available for ROI students studying full-time further education courses
- Part-Time further education students may apply for the part-time Further Education Award (Fees Only)
- You may be able to apply for Back to Education if you are currently in receipt of a Social Welfare payment.
Bus passes are issued by your local Education Authority (EA).
- Be under 19 on 1st July before the start of the academic year.
- Be studying a Further Education course only
- Live at least 3 miles from their nearest college. If you are studying a Higher Education course you are not entitled to a travel pass.
Free School Meals
Students under 18 years of age at 31st July before the start of the academic year, may be entitled to free school meals. Applications must be made by your parent or guardian to your local Education Authority.
School meal tickets will be available from reception and should be collected on a weekly basis.