Higher Education Funding
- Students can get a non-repayable maintenance grant per year of up to £3,475 (means tested)
- Maintenance loans and tuition fee loans are also available
- You can apply online for higher education funding here
- Contact: 0300 100 0077
Part-time Higher Education Funding
- Part-time higher education student can get a grant of £265 and a Fee grant which is means tested
- A fee loan is also available for those who do not qualify for the grant.
- You can apply online for part-time higher education funding here
Republic of Ireland Students
- Full-Time higher education students may apply for a maintenance grant via SUSI. Students can apply online at susi.ie
- Full-Time higher education students can also apply for a tuition fee loan by completing the EU20N application form, visit https://www.studentfinanceni.co.uk/types-of-finance/undergraduate/full-time/european-union-student-including-roi/ for more information
- You may be able to apply for Back to Education if you are currently on a Social Welfare payment
Higher Education Bursary and Scholarship
- £500 bursary available to all NWRC full-time higher education students (means tested and non-repayable)
- Students can apply for the bursary through Student Services in September. Two HE Scholarships are available to cover the cost of fees for students from a disadvantaged background. Contact Student Services for additional information.
SSE Airtricity Scholarship Fund
- The SSE Airtricity Scholarship provides 50% funding support towards the cost of Higher education fees for students commencing first year.
- While funding is available for a broad range of subjects, there is a particular emphasis on science, technology.