skip to main content
Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Tuition Fees and Examination/Registration Fees

Tuition Fees and Examination/Registration Fees for Part-Time courses must be paid on course enrolment, or arrangements should be put in place to pay by instalments (see below). Failure to enrol before the Awarding Body deadline may result in you incurring a late fee.

Pay in instalments

The College offers a fee payment instalment plan for students who enrol on a course on or before Monday 5th October 2020 (and by Friday 29th January 2021 for those courses commencing in January/February 2021).

If your fee is more than £150 you may pay a deposit and the balance in instalments as outlined in the table below.

Note: Anyone wishing to pay by instalments must set up a direct debit. Payments will be debited on or about the 5th of each month, commencing the month after enrolment.

Tuition/Exam Fee (combined) Minimum Deposit Payable Maximum Number of Instalments Min Monthly Direct Debit
Less or equal to £150 Full fee payable Full fee payable Full fee payable
£151 - £400 £100 3 £50
More than £400 25% 4 £50

Exam / Awarding Body Registration Fees

Examination/Registration Fees, if applicable to your course, are paid on enrolment. Please contact the College for guidance before you enrol if you have any queries. You will still be liable for any resit fees and if applicable these will be notified to you by your course tutor and must be paid by the relevant deadline. You may be liable for late registration/exam fees if you join a course late. Please note that generally once registered some Awarding Bodies do not offer refunds. Please contact the Examinations Section if you have any queries regarding refund of entry/registration fees.

FE Grant

If you are in receipt of an FE Grant from Education Authority, a copy of your award letter from the Education Authority must be submitted at the time of enrolment. Funding from the Education Authority closes at the end of December. Any enrolments after this date will not be considered and you will be liable for the full cost of tuition/examination fees.

Employer to Pay

If your employer is paying your tuition/examination registration fees, a Certificate of Payment of Fees Form (Employer to Pay Form) must be completed. The completed form must be presented at the time of enrolment. Alternatively, employers can sign and stamp the enrolment/examination registration forms. An invoice will then be issued to the employer/sponsor for relevant fees.

It is your responsibility to ensure that you are entered/registered for an examination/award with an Awarding Body.

PLEASE NOTE: If you are enrolling on a two or three-year course similar tuition fee and associate examination fees are payable for the second and/or third year of your course.

Fee Refunds

Course fees are non-refundable except when a course is cancelled by the College due to insufficient enrolments. In this case, students will be entitled to a full refund of fees.

Unpaid Fees

Failure to pay the required Tuition Fees may result in one or more of the following:

  • You may be withdrawn from your course.
  • You may not be able to sit exams for any NWRC course you are enrolled on.
  • You may not be able to access any College facilities or our computer network.
  • You may not be able to progress to the next year of your course or enrol on an alternative NWRC course.
  • Your name will not be included on any pass or graduation list.

Reduced Fees (Concessionary)

We offer reduced tuition fees for some of our part-time courses. These apply to individuals who are claiming benefits, and if you qualify for reduced tuition fee. You MUST provide the necessary evidence as listed below at the time of enrolment. (i.e. current letter or proof of date of birth) OR a completed Authorisation Form signed by your local benefits office.

To obtain a copy of the Authorisation Form please contact our Admissions Office on (028) 71 276000.

If you have lost or misplaced your TC602 form, you can request a new copy by contacting the HM Revenue & Customs helpline on 0345 300 3900 between 8am-8pm, seven days a week. You MUST provide a print-out of your Universal Credit Statement if you are in receipt of Universal Credits.

PLEASE NOTE: Only the evidence below can be accepted in order to be entitled to a reduced fee.

People Entitled to Reduced Fees Evidence Required
Students over 19 by 01/07/2020 and in full-time Further/Higher Education Current Student Card or Letter from School/College and appropriate fee.
Under 19 on 01/07/2020 Birth Certificate or Passport and appropriate fee.
Working Tax Credit - Total Single income
(working 16-29 hours) – £11,048/Total Single income
(working 30 hours) – £12,980/ Total Joint income
(working 30 hours) – £17,787 A current TC602 form stating Working Tax Credit and total income shown and appropriate fee. Please Note: a provisional TC602 form is not accepted as evidence for a concessionary (reduced) fee.
Aged 60 years and over (and in receipt of one of the benefits opposite) A current letter (dated within the last three months) stating that you are in receipt of Pension Credit OR in receipt of relief under the new Rates Relief Scheme.
Income Support / Income Based Jobseekers Allowance/ Income Based Support Allowance (or dependent spouse/partner) A current letter (dated within the last three months) from your Benefit Office stating that you are in receipt of benefit or have the Authorisation Form completed and authorised, with appropriate fee enclosed.
Universal Credit The Working Tax Credit threshold will apply to those in receipt of Universal Credit and who are working. A current letter/print out (dated within the last three months) of your Universal Statement. Proof of income required.
Carer’s Allowance/ One Parent Family Payment/ Widow’s or Widower’s (Non-Contributory Pension)/ Unemployment Assistance / Jobseekers Allowance/ Pre-Retirement Allowance (PRETA)/ Disability Allowance/ Supplementary Welfare Allowance A current letter (dated within the last three months) from the Department of Social & Family Affairs stating that you are in receipt of benefit or have the Authorisation Form completed and authorised, with appropriate fee enclosed.
Old Age (Non-Contributory) Pension Letter (dated within the last three months) from Pensions Office and appropriate fee.

Difficulty Paying Fees

You may be entitled to a concessionary fee or some support in paying the tuition fee for your chosen course. For information on the support that you may be entitled to please contact Student Services:

  • Derry-Londonderry: (028) 7127 6010 / (028) 7127 6033
  • Limavady: (028) 7127 8770
  • Strabane: (028) 7127 6033
  • Email:

Student Finance Self-Assessment

Thank You!

Your submission was successful

Please answer the series of questions about your residency, age and course of choice to determine the correct student funding package for your circumstances

What is your age on 1 July of the year you wish to start your course?
Are you a resident of
Are you doing a Part Time or a Full Time course

You can apply to Student Finance NI for Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Grant and Loan online

You can also apply for Hardship Fund in NWRC once you are enrolled on the course of your choice.

You may be eligible for NWRC Higher Education Bursary and NWRC Scholarship.

For Childcare Grant options, please contact or call 0287 7127 6010.

You can apply for Further Education Grant. Application forms are available from Student Services in NWRC or download here

You can apply for Hardship Fund in NWRC once you are enrolled on the course of your choice.

For Childcare Grant options, please contact or call 0287 7127 6010.

For further questions and access to application forms, please click Next.

Resident outside EU/EEA

Unfortunately there are no funding options at this time for you.

Sorry, there was an error submitting the form. Please try again.

This site uses cookies. Some of them are essential while others help us improve your browsing experience. To learn more about cookies, including how to disable them, view our Cookie Policy. By clicking "Accept" on this banner you consent to the use of cookies unless you have disabled them.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now